Please read and keep this User Manual and take the time to carefully read and follow the Important Safety Instructions.
Welcome to Embr Wave!
Embr Wave is a thermal wristband that provides thermal relief at the touch of a button.
For best results, wear Embr Wave on your inner wrist, by your pulse point.
Whenever you’re feeling uncomfortably warm or cold, simply hold down the Light Bar for a session of cool or warmth.
Embr Wave provides warming or cooling in the form of rhythmic waves that are designed to maximize your thermal comfort. Use this sensation to warm up or cool down — anytime, anywhere.
What’s in the box?
Your Embr Wave box includes:
- Embr Wave thermal wristband
- Micro USB charging cable
- Storage pouch
- Quickstart guide
Turning on and off
- Click anywhere on the Light Bar to wake up The Light Bar will turn on.
- Hold down the left (blue) side of the Light Bar to start cooling, or the right (red) side to start Release when the device has reached a pleasant temperature.
- In Quick Mode, each cooling session lasts 3 minutes and each warming session lasts 5 You can repeat sessions at any time.
- To turn off, firmly press the middle of the light bar until you feel both sides
- Need prolonged comfort? Switch to Extended Mode using the mobile app (see Page 9).
3. ADJUSTING THE TEMPERATURE
There are multiple levels of warming and cooling.
During operation, you can hold down the left side of the Light Bar to lower the temperature, or the right side to raise it.
For coarser adjustments, you can also click the left or right side of the Light Bar.
When in Warming Mode, Embr Wave will glow red. When in Cooling Mode, it will glow blue.
When you’ve reached the maximum cooling or warming temperature, the Light Bar will blink to let you know!
4. UNDERSTANDING THE LIGHT BAR
The Light Bar will indicate the status of your Embr Wave.
When you hold down the left (or right) side of the Light Bar, Embr Wave will ramp up to increasingly strong cooling (or warming). The Light Bar will animate to show that Embr Wave is ramping up.
Because the human body is more sensitive to temperature contrast than to static temperatures, Embr Wave cools and warms in rhythmic waves.
PRO TIP: If you look closely, you’ll notice that the Light Bar pulses brighter and dimmer to show you the rhythm of the thermal waves.
5. THE LIGHT BAR, CONTINUED
Occasionally, Embr Wave will not be able to fulfil the temperature request.
Too cold to start
If the device is too cold, a yellow and cyan light pattern will slowly fade in and out to indicate that it needs to warm up — wear it against your skin for a few seconds, and you should be all set!
Too warm to start
If Embr Wave is too hot to start a session, a yellow and orange light pattern will slowly fade in and out. Let it rest 3-5 minutes, or until the Light Bar turns back off.
If your device overheats, the entire Light Bar will flash orange and red. If this happens, wait to use your Embr Wave until it has cooled down.
When the Light Bar flashes orange, Embr Wave is running low on battery.
6. TIPS FOR COOLING
When in Cooling Mode, the top of the device may get warm, because Embr Wave is pulling heat away from your skin. For best results:
- Avoid touching the metal during Cooling
- Think of Embr Wave as a friend who is working hard for you and may need rest for 3-5 minutes between cooling
- Let Embr Wave breathe! Leave the metal body uncovered to facilitate heat dissipation (e.g., not under your sleeve).
- Wear the wristband loosely while you aren’t actively
Note: In Warming Mode, it's the opposite: you'll want to keep as much heat in as possible! So for best results, cover your device with your sleeve while warming.
7. KNOCK TWICE
Shortcut to start again
If you knock twice with your knuckle on the device after a session has recently ended, a new session will start!
Shortcut to Extended Mode
If you knock twice during an active session, your device will toggle to Extended Mode, which consists of intermittent pulses over a 30 min session.
To set Extended Mode as your default mode, you’ll need the Embr Wave mobile app (see Page 9).
Knock twice to toggle Extended Mode (30 min).
Before first use, you should charge Embr Wave. To recharge Embr Wave, plug the included micro USB cable into the port beneath the device. The lights will gently pulse green, and will remain solid green when charging is complete.
Use the supplied USB cable to connect Embr Wave to a powered USB port on your computer or an agency-approved wall charger (not supplied).
Allow up to 1.5 hours for a full charge.
When fully charged, Embr Wave will havea battery life of 20-50 cooling or warming sessions.
Note: Before charging, be sure the product is at room temperature, between 0ºC and 45ºC.
9. MOBILE APP
Why use the app?
- The Embr Wave mobile app lets you control your Wave directly from your You can control the temperature level in real-time, and select your preferred mode, such as Quick Cool (3 min) or Extended Cool (30 min).
- It lets you track your recent usage of warming and cooling so that you can better understand your comfort
- The app also keeps your device updated by alerting you about available software We’ll keep releasing periodic upgrades as our technology continues to advance!
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the
U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
10. IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Embr Wave is designed to provide thermal comfort, not to regulate body temperature. It is intended for use in moderate environments, and it is not designed as a replacement for clothing, air conditioning, or other traditional temperature solutions.
Embr Wave is a consumer product and not a medical device intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. If you have any medical condition that you believe could be affected by Embr Wave, consult with your physician prior to using the product. If you experience adverse reactions, immediately remove the system, stop using it, and consult with your physician.
Embr Wave is designed to be worn on the wrist only. Different parts of the body have different thermal sensitivities. Use Embr Wave on other body locations at your own risk.
The product’s warming feature should be used with care and common sense. DO NOT use Embr Wave in temperature settings that feel painful or uncomfortable. Exposure to hot surfaces may cause pain or skin damage.
DO NOT use Embr Wave continuously for more than 4 hours.
Using the heating mode continuously for long periods may result in the skin turning red due to prolonged heat exposure.
This product contains magnetic material. Consult your physician on whether this might affect your implantable medical device.
DO NOT submerge or expose for extended periods to water or wear while participating in water sports, i.e. swimming, waterskiing, surfing, etc.
11. IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Do NOT use Embr Wave if you have open wounds, sores, rashes, infection, or inflamed skin in or around the area of contact.
Consult with your doctor before using Embr Wave if you are pregnant. Keep this system out of the reach of children.
The Embr Wave band contains some nickel. Nickel exposure from these materials is unlikely, but customers with known nickel allergies should be attentive when wearing the product until they can determine they are not experiencing an allergic reaction.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, DO NOT expose the product to rain or moisture. DO NOT subject the product to mechanical shock. DO NOT expose products containing batteries to excessive heat (e.g. from storage in direct sunlight, fire or the like).
DO NOT expose this apparatus to dripping or splashing, and do not place objects filled with liquids such as vases, on or near the apparatus. As with any electronic products, use care not to spill liquids into any part of the system. Liquids can cause failure and/or a fire hazard.
Charging temperature range: 0-45ºC. Discharging temperature range: 0-60ºC. Use this product only with an agency approved power supply which meets local regulatory requirements (e.g. UL, CSA, VDE, CCC). DO NOT leave the product on prolonged charge when not in use.
The product must not be discarded as household waste and should be delivered to an appropriate collection facility for recycling. Proper disposal and recycling help protect natural resources, human health and the environment. For more information on disposal and recycling of this product, contact your local municipality or disposal service.
12. WARRANTY INFORMATION
- Limited The limited warranty set forth herein applies only to the Buyer, may be acted upon only by the Buyer, and may not be assigned, sold or transferred to any third party. Embr warrants only to the Buyer that, for a period of one (1) year from delivery, the Product shall substantially conform to Embr’s published specifications as of the date of shipment. The limited warranty herein shall not apply to (i) any Product that has been customized, altered or repaired by any person or entity other than personnel of Embr or personnel specifically authorized by Embr, (ii) any Product that has been subjected to abuse, misuse, damage, neglect, or accident beyond Embr’s published limitations for the Product or other causes external to the Products (including, without limitation, environmental conditions and power conditions),
(iii) use of the Product in combination with products or software not supplied
by Embr, (iv) any use or operation of the Product other than in accordance with Embr’s then-current published specifications and instructions for the Product, or (v) any non-conformities or defects notified by Buyer to Seller with respect toa Product after the expiration of the applicable warranty period for such Product.
- Buyer’s sole and exclusive remedy and Seller’s sole and exclusive liability for a breach of this limited warranty shall be, at Seller’s option, Seller’s use of its commercially reasonable efforts to repair or replace the non-conforming Product. If Embr is unable, after reasonable efforts, to repair or replace such substantially non-conforming Products, Embr, may, at its sole discretion, elect to refund of an amount not to exceed the actual payments received by Embr for such Product(s). Buyer shall not return any Product to Embr without an Embr-issued RMA number; Buyer shall contact email@example.com to request a return and to obtain directions for returns of Products. Shipping costs and the risk of loss for a returned defective Product with a proper RMA number shall be borne by Embr, and Embr shall assume the risk of loss while the Product is in the Embr facility. Products that are repaired or replaced by Embr shall be covered by this limited warranty for the remaining warranty period for such original Product.
13. WARRANTY INFORMATION
- THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON- INFRINGEMENT) WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS, THE MANUFACTURE, SALE, SUPPLYING OR FAILURE OR DELAY IN SUPPLYING OF THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES RELATED THERETO OR THE USE, RESULTS OR DISPOSITION OF THE PRODUCTS. EMBR EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES (WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WRITTEN OR ORAL) WITH RESPECT TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE PRODUCT. OUR PRODUCTS DO NOT PROTECT YOU FROM OVERHEATING OR ANY OTHER HEALTH OR SAFETY RISKS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING YOUR OWN HEALTH AND SAFETY.
14. REGULATORY INFORMATION
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a ClassB digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving
- Increase the separation between the equipment and
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for
FCC Caution: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by Embr Labs could void the user's authority to operate the equipment.
This device complies with Industry Canada’s licence-exempt RSSs. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause interference; and (2) This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device. Le présent appareil est conforme aux CNR d’Industrie Canada applicables aux appareils radio exempts de licence. L’exploitation est autorisée aux deux conditions suivantes : (1) l’appareil ne doit pas produire de brouillage, et (2) l’utilisateur de l’appareil doit accepter tout brouillage radioélectrique subi, même si le brouillage est susceptible d’en compromettre le fonctionnement.
This product conforms to all applicable EU directive requirements.
Made and imported by Embr Labs, Inc
285 Washington St Ste C, Somerville MA, 02143 USA
Model: Embr Wave FCC ID 2ANTG-WAVE1 IC: 23206-WAVE1